Since 1923, KATO manufacture mechanical & electrical equipment. Some customers use our products over 40 years in their facility, we are getting confidence for repeat order from same customer not only in domestic but also overseas. Our policy is manufacture should come face to face with actual users for suitable operation.
Our products are used in mainly Power plant, Substation and Transformer Factory, then our customer include national enterprise also. So, we are not huge company but respect worldwide humans thorough oversea supplying of our products for infrastructure.
- Company Name
- KATO ELECTRIC MFG. CO., LTD.
- T. Mamiya
- Head Office
- #43, 7-22-17, Nishi Gotanda, Shinagawa, Tokyo, 141-0031 Japan
- JPY 45,000,000-
- Establish Year
- 1923（Registration in 1939）
- Main Banks
- Mizuho Bank, Ltd. and UFJ Bank Limited
- December in 1923
- First President K. KATO established, Manufacturing & Selling Electric Distribution Board, Oil Filter Unit, Dielectric Strength Measuring System.
- September in 1939
- Built Head Office & Factry at Shibaura, Minato-ku, Tokyo
Recognize to joint stock company, Capital JPY 190,000-
- February in 1939
- En-register into Tokyo Legal Affairs Bureau.
- March in 1949
- Capital expansion to JPY 3,000,000-
- October in 1951
- First President K. KATO retired, H. KATO assumed the president.
- January in 1955
- First Vacuum Insulating Oil Purifier supplied to Hokkaido Electric Power Co., Inc. (HEPCO).
- April in 1960
- 20,000 L/h Vacuum Insulating Oil Purifier supplied to Hitachi, Ltd.
- September in 1962
- Capital expansion to JPY 6,750,000-
- August in 1968
- 60,000 L/h Vacuum Insulating Oil Purifier supplied to Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, AKO Factory
- October in 1973
- 6,000 L/h Vacuum Insulating Oil Purifier supplied to Tokyo Electric Power Company Holdings, (TEPCO)
- May in 1975
- 6,000 L/h Vacuum Insulating Oil Purifier supplied to TOSHIBA CORPORATION.
- December in 1976
- 10,000 L/h 2 stage Vacuum Insulating Oil Purifier (2 ppm by one pass, )supplied to Fuji Electric Co., Ltd., Chiba Factory.
- March in 1977
- Capital expansion to JPY 20,250,000-
- February in 1978
- First Export to Seattle, USA
- June in 1979
- Capital expansion to JPY 30,000,000-
- June in 1981
- 29 plants of High Vacuum Oil Purifier supplied to Turkish Power Company (TEK)
- September in 1981
- Establish JM Sales Engineering in Connecticut , USA
- November in 1982
- Capital expansion to JPY 45,000,000-
- February in 1983
- 2 plants of Full Automatic Vacuum Dryer Pit to Middle Class Transformer Manufacture in Baghdad, Republic of Iraq.
- November in 1983
- 12 sets of 2 stage Vacuum Oil Purifier supplied to Hydro Electric Power Department in China for 500kV Transformer.
- June in 1985
- 12 sets repeat supply to Hydro Electric Power Department in China for 500kV Transformer.
- July in 1985
- 2 sets of Vacuum Dryer Pit supplied to PEA in Thailand as repeat order.
- October in 1986
- Technologies for High Vacuum Oil Purifier were exported to Company in Jilin, China.
- October in 1990
- Technologies for High Vacuum Oil Purifier were exported to CGL in India.
- March in 2008
- 2,000 L/h Compact HVOP supplied to RIKEN, Japan, (Harima Branch, Spring-8).
- January in 2010
- S. NAGAYOSHI assumed the president.
- January in 2012
- K. KATO assumed the president.
- June in 2015
- Move head office to Nishi Gotanda, Shinagawa, Tokyo
- June in 2015
- T. MAMIYA assumed the president.